Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Where have I been? What's New?

Greetings. So, where have I been? my last post to this blog was late 2019. I basically took a break from client work. I have been working full time for an ad agency and honestly, doing client work was a bit too much. I enjoy my free time but then again my free time was being consumed by building a hot rod, building a new house with my wife Jenna and enjoying just whatever came our way. Then pandemic hit. For most of us, it meant a new way of life. Working from home, being safe. Wearing a mask, adjusting to a new way of doing things. For some of us, losing family members, losing sanity, losing some of the simple things such as face to face interactions down to shaking hands. It really put things into perspective but also put some things on the back burner. Although I had more time at home I neglected personal growth, Stunted if you will but we got through.

2021 brought it own set of challenges. I never stopped shooting personal work. In fact, I love it. It was that little outlet I felt I needed. I rekindled with film photography. Something I haven't touched since the early 2000's. It's been a weird experience. I can't say that I love it but it makes me slow down a bit. I told myself all of my 2021 personal work would be film. I picked up a new hotrod project while the Model A coupe was being built so that also took up some time. We were safe, we were healthy. Always moving in some direction

June of 2021, my position at the agency was being relocated. I was faced with a decision and I decided to figure out my life and what is the best fit for me. I've taken on some small time social media management for my brothers auto detail business. I decided to shoot more. To make myself more available and with that I completed my first book. A long time project I put off for what felt like years. I was never one to talk about my past in a positive way but I felt it was time for me to open that up through my work. To be vulnerable, to show that side I've kept dark. See the next post for more info

What will 2022 bring? I'm not too sure but I plan...I use that loosely, but I am taking on client work. I'm working on myself, working on more projects, scouting more locations to shoot. Life doesn't have to be as difficult as we make it at times. I wish you the best, I appreciate you reading and there is a slew of posts coming. Thank you

Jeremy