Friday, September 14, 2012

My first nationally published photograph!! // AP Magazine

Alternative Press Magazine has long since been a magazine for the so called "underground music" crowd. Ive been photographing Hardcore shows since I was 18 years old. I never really thought it would take me anywhere, it was more or less to have fun...something I did for the bands and maybe some free shirts for trade or just to have the band be stoked on some photographs of themselves.

I was approached by Griffin of the band Shut In which is a side project of Danny from Oceano: Oceano 2012 Promo Session//Chicago, IL He was asking if I had any live photos of Danny which I had taken quite a few images the last time I saw the band. Once he told me the images were going to be in AP magazine I was beyond stoked.

Fast forward to September and the issue has been released. This is my first nationally published photograph. Ive had a few published in local publications but never to this magnitude or audience. Its the first part of a 4 part blended photo above the "SH" I kept this kind of hush hush and may not seem like a big deal to some but I feel like I'm finally working my up! Big thing to come soon. All smiles.
AP Magazine 291.1
If you'd like this issue you can order via the AP website: AP issue 291.1 Thank you for looking! Enjoy.