Saturday, January 7, 2017

Thermal California at the Salton Sea. Part I

To continue from the last blog...After I shot Desert Shores we did a 3 mile journey to Thermal, California. This location, like the previous was a place that I have visited before but I wanted to explore more. This town is more of a wasteland if you will. A lot of the streets are dirt roads and this is the second time I have seen these ATV bandits, with black flags hanging off the back end and loud exhausts throwing sand and dust in their wake. I have perhaps made that sound more cool than it really was. I have also noticed that the rise of graffiti art on some of these abandoned buildings, which most of the time for me is a bummer but I see it from all sides.

I did shoot some of the same subjects in 2015 and some new. The Park Estates recreational suites was new to me but be advised that pigeons will go into a full dive bomb in your general direction if they feel threatened. I glad I had that wool flannel on! haha. Only jokes. Stayed tuned for part II of this series in the future. I appreciate you looking. Enjoy

Thermal, CA at the Salton Sea Thermal, CA at the Salton Sea Thermal, CA at the Salton Sea Thermal, CA at the Salton Sea Thermal, CA at the Salton Sea Thermal, CA at the Salton Sea Thermal, CA at the Salton Sea Thermal, CA at the Salton Sea